Gainesville AC Repair
Stay Cool In Summer Heat With Air Conditioning Repair
In the middle of summer when daily high temperatures are typically 90 degrees and humidity is high, we know how important it is for your air conditioning system to keep you cool and comfortable. Mid-Florida Heating & Air is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for AC repairs of all types and brands of equipment.
Contact us to schedule a Gainesville AC repair service! We proudly serve all of Alachua County and the surrounding areas.
Signs Your AC System Needs Repair
Mid-Florida Heating & Air's technicians are fully trained, equipped, and certified to repair your air conditioning unit.
We can fix all kinds of problems, including:
- Fan runs but the compressor does not
- Circuit breaker trips when AC is turned on
- AC hums, but the fan doesn’t run
- Outdoor unit runs but blower does not
- Condensation is leaking inside the house
- Ice on lines
- Thermostat needs constant adjustment to hold temperature
- Some rooms are warmer than others
- Unit runs constantly
Air Conditioning Repair Vs. Replacement
Whenever your AC is broken down you can choose one of two paths. You can either get a new installation or opt for AC repair. While a new installation sounds expensive, it's actually cheaper in the long run in the following circumstances.
1. Your AC is old - AC units usually last between 8 and 12 years and exactly how long it will go depends on use, environment and maintenance levels. If your AC is older and working great, no problem but if it's breaking down then don't sink more money into air conditioning repair when a new unit is around the corner anyway.
2. It requires R22 Freon - Since the beginning of 2020 Freon has become more expensive due to the 2020 Freon Ban. While the use of the coolant isn't illegal it is no longer being produced so it will get increasingly expensive as it gets used up.
3. It needs one repair after another - Our Gainesville air conditioning repair experts will always come in and fix your unit, but if they're noticing you need them all the time they might recommend replacement to save you money in the long run.
Regular Maintenance Helps Prevent Surprises
Like a car or other mechanical product, following the manufacturer's service and maintenance guidelines is important to the longevity and overall efficiency of your air conditioning system. Your AC unit needs an annual tune-up to clean and test, change out filters, and ensure good operating conditions.
If you wish to get more value for your hard-earned money, we recommend signing up for our Club Maintenance. As a member, you receive scheduled comprehensive tune-ups along with other exclusive benefits.
How Proper Air Conditioning Maintenance Will Keep Your System Working Well
It’s difficult to fully grasp the importance of a working air conditioning system until your unit suddenly stops working on an especially hot day! Typically, when something like this happens, it’s because your system is not being properly cleaned and maintained on a routine basis. In order to keep your air conditioning system functioning properly, it’s important to ensure that your system is being taken care of and receiving the attention that it deserves from a professional throughout the year.
If your AC is broken and you need repair, contact our Gainesville air conditioning repair team online here today.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Our policy is that we are not satisfied until you are - that means we'll come back until you're 100% satisfied.
We charge a flat-rate fee and there are no "surprise fees" if the job takes longer than expected.
24/7 Emergency Services
Contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, day and night... you get it! We will be there for you when you need us.
Here are just a few of the reasons why proper air conditioning maintenance is an important step in keeping your system operating at peak efficiency:
- Energy Efficiency: It may or may not come as a surprise to you that cooling costs can account for up to 48% of your overall energy bill each month! With that being said, you want to make sure that your air conditioning system is running as efficiently as possible, which will, in turn, lower energy costs. Routine maintenance will help you to accomplish this.
- Safety: It is to be expected that over time, parts of your air conditioning system will loosen, corrode, or become defective. Performing routine inspections and maintenance can help you to catch these small issues before they turn into catastrophic problems. It’s also important to note that if you do notice anything different with your system, you should call a professional HVAC contractor to take a look. Attempting to repair your system on your own can be very dangerous without proper training and understanding of the equipment.
- Comfort: At the end of the day, your air conditioning system is responsible for one thing – keeping you and your family cool and comfortable! As we already mentioned, routine maintenance will help your system to run efficiently, which will, in turn, reduce the amount of energy and work it takes to cool your home. You’ll find that a well-cared for and maintained system will properly distribute cool air throughout your living space, making it a pleasant place to be no matter what the temperature is outside.
- System Lifespan: Needless to say, when you’re checking your system regularly to ensure that all components are working properly, you’re working to prevent big problems before they occur. By inspecting your system and performing any necessary repairs as they come up, your system will last longer and cost you less money in repairs and replacements over time. The same way you take your car into the shop for tune-ups and inspections, it’s important to do what you can to ensure that your system is operating in good shape. Your air conditioning is, without a doubt, one of the most important systems in your home – don’t take for granted the role it plays in your comfort and quality of life!
The "Before You Call" Checklist
As your trusted cooling specialists, we understand how frustrating it is when your AC is not working as efficiently as it should. Before you worry about repairs or replacement though, we suggest doing a quick check-up of your air conditioning first.
Whether your AC is not cooling enough or has poor airflow, make sure to inspect the following:
- Check the thermostat to be sure it’s set on “cool” for summertime operation and that the setting is below the temperature of the room.
- Clean the contacts on a non-digital thermostat.
- Check the circuit breaker in the electrical panel to be sure it’s set in the "on" position. If you have fuses, check for a blown fuse.
- See if there is power to the air handler and compressor by making sure all switches are in the "on" position.
- Check if the filter is clean. A blocked filter can cause an air conditioning system to shut down due to inadequate airflow. Similarly, are the air intake grills open and clear of obstructions?
- See if the grill in front of the condensing section clear of debris. If not, sweep the area thoroughly.
If you've gone through the "Before You Call" checklist and are still having problems, contact us today for service!
Your Local Choice for Air Conditioning Repair in Gainesville, FL
We repair air conditioners in Gainesville and the surrounding areas including Lady Lake, Ocala, Newberry, High Springs, The Villages, Alachua, Summerfield, Hawthorne, Belleview, Williston, Keystone Heights, Archer, Lake City, Starke, Micanopy, Dunnellon, and more! Our professional team is also available 24/7 for any of your cooling emergencies.
To request AC repair in Gainesville, give us a call at (352) 310-0022 or submit an online contact form today!