In the middle of summer when daily high temperatures are typically 90 degrees and humidity is high, we know how important it is for your air conditioning system to keep you cool and comfortable. Mid-Florida Heating & Air is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for repairs to all types and brands of air conditioning equipment. Contact us to schedule a service call today!
Signs Your AC System Needs Repair
Mid-Florida Heating & Air's technicians are fully trained and certified to repair your ac unit. We can fix all kinds of problems, including:
- Fan runs but compressor does not
- Circuit breaker trips when AC is turned on
- AC hums but fan doesn’t run
- Outdoor unit runs but blower does not
- Condensate is leaking inside house
- Ice on lines
- Thermostat needs constant adjustment to hold temperature
- Some rooms are warmer than others
- Unit runs constantly
Regular Maintenance Helps Prevent Surprises
Like a car or other mechanical product, following the manufacturer's service and maintenance guidelines is important to the longevity and overall efficiency of your air conditioning system. Your ac unit needs an annual tune-up to clean and test, change out filters, and ensure good operating conditions.
The "Before You Call" Checklist
- Check the thermostat to be sure it’s set on “cool” for summertime operation and that the setting is below the temperature of the room.
- Clean the contacts on a non-digital thermostat.
- Check the circuit breaker in the electrical panel to be sure it’s set in the "on" position. If you have fuses, check for a blown fuse.
- Is there power to the air handler and compressor? Check that all switches are in the "on" position.
- Is the filter clean? A blocked filter can cause an air conditioning system to shut down due to inadequate air flow. Similarly, are the air intake grills open and clear of obstructions?
- Is the grill in front of the condensing section clear of debris? If not, sweep the area thoroughly.
If you've gone through the "Before You Call" checklist and are still having problems, contact us today for service!
Your Local Choice For AC Repair
We repair air conditioners throughout Greater Gainesville including Gainesville, Lady Lake, Ocala, Newberry, High Springs, The Villages, Alachua, Summerfield, Hawthorne, Belleview, Williston, Keystone Heights, Archer, Lake City, Starke, Micanopy, Dunnelon, and more!