The Villages AC Repair
Providing Excellent AC Repair in The Villages Since 1983
Is your AC on the fritz? Mid-Florida Heating & Air is here to help. Since opening our doors in 1983, we have been proud to ensure your family’s comfort by offering the most reliable heating and cooling services in town. When your AC is failing to keep you cool, we will be there right away to figure out the cause of the problem and implement the best possible solution. In our decades of service, we have encountered and resolved countless AC problems, and we guarantee we have a solution for yours.
Our experts can repair all of the most common AC problems, including:
- Refrigerant leaks
- Dirty or clogged filters
- Frozen evaporator coils
- Electrical control failure
- Broken fan motors
- Faulty thermostats
- Clogged condensate drains
- Failed compressors
- Worn contactors
- Dirty condenser coils
- Leaking air ducts
Your comfort matters a great deal to us, which is why we always get the job done right the first time.
Give us a call at (352) 310-0022 to schedule an AC repair in The Villages today!
Signs You Need AC Repair
At Mid-Florida Heating & Air, we recommend calling our technicians in as soon as you suspect that something is wrong with your AC. Even the smallest of issues can result in major, irreversible system damage if left ignored, so it is always best to repair your system early on.
Signs you need an AC repair include:
- Your AC is sending hot air through your home
- Some rooms are much cooler than others
- You are constantly adjusting your thermostat
- There was a sudden and unexpected spike in your utility bills
- Your AC is making unusual sounds during operation
- Your home never seems to reach the temperature set on the thermostat
- There are funky smells coming from your air registers
- Your home is extra dusty after running your AC
- Your outside unit is leaking or frozen over
- Your AC is constantly cycling on and off throughout the day
Our The Villages AC repair pros are here to provide a thorough inspection of your system before providing a reliable repair. Thanks to our extensive training, high-quality tools, and advanced technology, we are able to provide truly lasting repairs to just about any AC problem.
AC Repair Vs. Replacement
In the Floridian heat, there are two options you have when your AC goes down. You could either opt to replace the unit entirely or call our AC repair team to get your current unit back up and operational. While repairing your current unit might seem like the more financially prudent maneuver, it's more expensive in the long run in the following circumstances.
1. Your AC is old - Exactly how long your unit lasts depends on how well you maintain it, the brand, the surrounding environment and how much it's used. But on average an AC lasts about 10 years sometimes a little bit longer. If your unit is older than 10 years old and breaking down then it might be better to put that repair money into a new unit because it's on its last legs.
2. It needs R22 Freon - AC units that require the banned coolant will still be able to be run, but they'll become more and more expensive as the refrigerant becomes more scarce. If your unit that requires R22 Freon breaks down, the money it costs to repair it should go to a new unit as opposed to a unit that can only cost you more and more each tune up.
3. The unit requires repair after repair - While our The Villages AC repair experts will always be happy to come in and bring your unit back to working order, you shouldn't need our repair services every season. It's going to save you money in the long run to make the switch, so consider it particularly if your unit is on the older side.
How to Avoid AC Repairs
No one likes being left without a functioning AC in the middle of a heatwave. Luckily, there are plenty of things you can do to avoid an AC problem, including scheduling annual AC maintenance, replacing your air filter every 1-3 months, keeping the area around your outside AC unit clear of debris, and leaving all of your air registers open.
Professional AC maintenance is crucial when it comes to taking good care of your system. In fact, annual system maintenance can lower your energy bills, extend the lifespan of your system, reduce the risk of repairs, maximize your energy efficiency, and keep your home comfortable as can be. Check out our Club Maintenance program to learn more about how you can benefit from AC maintenance.
Your Comfort Always Come First
Here in Florida, summertime would be unbearable without a functioning AC. If your system stops working at the worst possible time, you need fast and reliable service. That’s where Mid-Florida Heating & Air comes in. Our HVAC professionals are committed to your complete comfort, which is why we offer 24/7 emergency AC repair services. Backed by nearly 40 years of service and equipped with state-of-the-art tools and technology, our The Villages AC repair pros can quickly repair your cooling system and restore comfort to your home in no time.