Alachua AC Repair & Replacement
Providing AC Services in Alachua, FL For Your Comfort
At Mid-Florida Heating & Air, we understand the importance of a functioning air conditioner in Florida. The very last thing we ever want is for you and your family to be stuck in the heat with a broken unit, which is why our team is committed to offering the best AC services in Alachua. From small repairs to system replacements to routine maintenance to system upgrades, our team can handle your every air conditioning need to keep your family cool and comfortable all summer long.
Our AC services include:
- AC inspections
- AC tune-ups
- AC installations
- AC repairs
- AC replacements
- Duct cleaning
Don’t put your home in the hands of just any company. Choose the team that completes every service with your comfort, safety, and best interests in mind.
Do I Need to Repair or Replace My AC?
If your AC is acting up, you are probably wondering whether it needs to be repaired or replaced. To help you make your decision, our Alachua AC service experts have outlined some of the most important factors to consider.
Consider the following questions when deciding whether to repair or replace your AC:
- How old is your system? A properly maintained air conditioner will last between 10 and 15 years. If yours is nearing the end of its life expectancy, you might want to consider replacing it. If your system is under that 10-year mark and the problem you are experiencing isn’t too severe, a repair is probably the better option.
- Is your home comfortable? If your airflow is weak or uneven, your AC never reaches the number set on the thermostat, and your home is generally uncomfortable, your AC is showing clear signs that it is not up to the task of keeping your home cool. In this case, a replacement is the best option.
- How often does your system require repairs? If your system rarely, if ever, requires repairs, the problem at hand can probably be fixed with a repair. On the other hand, if you have paid for several costly repairs in the last few years, you might want to start considering an upgrade before your system crashes for good.
- Is your system efficient? Older ACs tend to waste a ton of energy in an effort to keep your home comfortable. If your monthly energy bills are through the roof, your system is no longer efficient and you should start thinking about an upgrade.
The last thing you want is to discover that you are paying just as much in repairs in the span of a few years as you would to install a brand-new system. Reach out to Mid-Florida Heating & Air today for an accurate, reliable assessment of the condition of your system. Our highly trained professionals will carefully examine each component before offering you our honest opinion. Whether your system needs to be repaired or replaced, you can count on us to make the process easy as can be.
Benefits of Upgrading Your AC
Considering upgrading your air conditioner?
Some of the key benefits of installing a new AC include:
- Better system performance
- Enhanced home comfort
- Improved safety features
- Increased energy efficiency
- More control over your comfort
- Healthier indoor air quality
We understand that upgrading your air conditioner might seem like an overwhelming task, but we make the process as smooth as can be. And, as a leader in the HVAC industry, we have access to the highest-performing, most energy-efficient equipment on the market. Our Alachua AC installation pros are here to work closely with you to understand your comfort needs before selecting and installing the perfect system for your family and home.
Signs You Need AC Repair
Your AC is responsible for keeping your family cool and comfortable. When your system starts acting up, it is a good idea to schedule a repair as soon as possible so you can avoid a full system breakdown.
Signs that you need to schedule AC repair in Alachua include:
- Your AC is blowing hot air - First check that your air filter isn't too dirty to obstruct proper airflow. If that's not the case call us to check that your evaporator coil doesn't need a cleaning.
- Your outside unit is leaking - Leaks occur in the drain pan or the condensate line and they can be patched rather easily. In dire circumstances we might need to replace the part but that's not too pricey.
- There is a lot of dust in your home - An HVAC unit that's not at 100% might negatively impact your indoor air quality. Look out for dust or also excess humidity is a possibility as well.
- Your airflow is weak - Weaker airflow is usually the result of a leak in your ducts. If you have no airflow it could be your blower fan that's malfunctioning.
- Your AC is making weird sounds - Not all sounds mean the same thing so call in our Alachua AC repair techs to inspect your unit if they're any new sounds.
- Your air smells funky - As cooling air requires a bit of condensation, there can sometimes be excess water that leads to mold or mildew growth in or around your unit. If you smell something burning coming from your ducts call in our AC repair team.
Call Mid-Florida Heating & Air Today!
At Mid-Florida Heating & Air, our team never cuts corners or settles for work that is “good enough.” Instead, we always maintain close attention to detail and go above and beyond to get the job done right the first time.
To schedule an appointment with our Alachua AC repair & replacement technicians, give us a call at (352) 310-0022.