Air conditioning is not only a luxury, but actually essential for your health and well-being. Here are six situations where central cooling is an absolute must.
- A child and/or senior citizen lives in the household. Those over 65 years of age, as well as young children, are more susceptible to heat stroke than others. Therefore, they should have a cool environment to come home to.
- You have a breathing disorder. Anyone with allergies or asthma could greatly benefit from air conditioning, especially on the hottest summer days when it is already difficult to breathe.
- Someone in your family has a weak immune system. A weakened immune system can bring about cold and flu-like symptoms that may include fever. Managing those symptoms and keeping temperatures at bay is much easier when your home is cool and comfortable.
- You work from home. Staying cool is one of the best ways to prevent physical and mental fatigue to ensure that you remain productive.
- Furry friends also occupy your home. The four-legged members of your family can be more susceptible to heat injury than humans, particularly long-haired animals or over-sized breeds. Make sure they are protected from heat stroke by keeping the temperature in your home at 72 or below.
- You plan to sell your home in the near future. These days, selling a home without air conditioning is practically impossible. Installing a new HVAC system is the best way to ensure that potential buyers are not frightened away.
These are just a few occasions, among many, that call for an air conditioned home. If your home is not equipped with A/C, now is the time to consider installation.Call Mid-Florida Heating and Air in Gainesville, FL today!