Heating systems have a habit of quitting at the least opportune time. It’s as if they know when it’s the weekend or, worse, a holiday. When your heating system needs repair work, Mid-Fla Heating & Air is here to help! Contact us to schedule service and we'll get your furnace working smoothly and efficiently.
Signs Your Heating System Needs Repair
Have any of the following problems? Call us for help!
- Not enough heat or none at all
- Cycles on and off too frequently
- Blower runs continuously
- Furnace makes squealing or rumbling sounds
- Furnace comes on for a few seconds and then turns off
- Furnace burners do not ignite
- Need to continually readjust thermostat
- CO alarm triggered, or occupants feel lethargic, weak, or disoriented
- Smell of gas
Regular Maintenance Helps Prevent Surprises
Regular maintenance of your heating system will help minimize surprises. Your furnace should be tuned up once a year. Regular homeowner maintenance will help too; replacing furnace filters regularly, keeping return ducts unobstructed, and sealing ducts will all help.
The "Before You Call" Checklist
Some repairs are quite simple. Use this checklist before calling for a repair. It may save you time and money.
- Check the thermostat to be sure it’s set on “heat” for wintertime operation.
- Clean the contacts on a non-digital thermostat.
- Check the circuit breaker in the electrical panel to be sure it’s set in the on position. If you have fuses, check for a blown fuse.
- Is there power to the furnace? Check that all switches are in the on position.
- Has the filter been changed? A blocked filter can cause a furnace to shut down due to inadequate air flow. Similarly, are the air intake grills open and clear of obstructions?
If you've gone through the "Before You Call" checklist and are still having problems, contact us today for service!